Building Better Boards
In today’s turbulent health care environment, hospital and health system governance is more important than ever. Yet often governance development, knowledge-building, self-evaluation, governance succession planning and more not carried out consistently or effectively.
Every hospital board needs fundamental tools to ensure success in its governance practices, performance and development. The challenge for many hospital leaders is simply finding the time and resources needed to develop these resources that are so critical for continual governance success.
The Walker Company offers a comprehensive, customizable and easy-to-implement package of governance resources for hospital and health system boards that allows them to elevate their governance effectiveness, leadership and success of the organization in achieving its mission, vision and strategic objectives.
Our GovernanceWORKS™ Governance Essentials Collection™ is a single source of valuable governance education and other resources, including:
- On-demand governance knowledge-building materials, including pre-recorded governance education programs, white papers, and customizable PowerPoints
- A customizable board self-assessment toolkit
- A customizable trustee succession toolkit
- Resources for CEO succession planning
- Customizable sample committee charters
- Customizable policies and procedures
- A customizable board orientation manual
- Benchmark documents allowing hospitals to compare their performance against governance standards and best practices
- Customizable retreat materials
- Sample customizable materials to assist hospitals in exploring opportunities for affiliation and partnerships
- Definitions to hundreds of key health care terms and acronyms, and links to external resources and reports
For more detail about the resources included in our GovernanceWORKS™ Governance Essentials Collection™, click here.
Purchase the Governance Essentials Collection Today™
The Governance Essentials Collection™ is available for a single low price of $3,995. Once purchased by a hospital, the Collection contents may be shared with the full hospital board to use collectively or individually for governance education and development related to serving on the hospital board.
Contact us directly via e-mail or telephone at 503.694.8539. to order the Governance Essentials Collection™.