Building Better Boards
Every hospital board should have key fundamental tools to guide its governance practices and performance and development. The challenge for many hospital leaders is simply finding the time and resources required to develop these resources that are so critical for governance success.
The Walker Company has solved that challenge. Our easy-to-use, customizable toolkits will save you hundreds of hours of research and preparation time, and help ensure your governing leadership success. And our real-time education programs may be downloaded and watched at any time - watched together a board meeting or by trustees individually on their own.
All of the governance education and toolkits we offer have been tested at individual hospitals and hospital associations across the country. Click on the links below or the menu items across the top of this page to view more information and order our tried and tested toolkits and on-demand governance education.
On-Demand Governance Education Programs
- Professional, graphics-rich Adobe Flash presentations and other supporting materials
- Topics are designed to enhance trustees’ knowledge of the most critical issues facing hospital boards today
- 15-20 minutes long
- Ideal for education sessions at board meetings
- $169 each
Governance Essentials Collection™
- Comprehensive set of tools, programs and resources for governance education, development and performance
- CD includes 13 basic governance education programs, a customizable model governance manual, customizable governance policies, and governance succession tools
- Only $795
AssessmentWORKS™ Governance Self-Assessment Toolkit
- Includes everything you’ll need to implement a governance self-assessment
- Easily customizable, and includes a step-by-step guide to help you get started
- CD includes tools to conduct a full board self-assessment, an assessment of committees, a peer-to-peer assessment, and ideas for evaluating your results
- Only $695